Although the questions may vary with the type of crime scene and the particular style of the investigator, here are some general questions that should be asked immediately:
1. Has the crime scene been cleared and determined safe for the responders?
2. Has everyone in need of medical attention been taken care of?
3. Has the scene and surrounding area been secured to protect evidence?
4. Who reported the crime and have they given a statement?
5. Who has been on the crime scene; which officers and other first responders accessed the scene?
6. Is a photographer on hand to document the scene and surrounding area?
7. Are there witnesses and are their statements being taken?